Friday, July 23, 2010

Truckin' Along

So the Washington Post had an article about how Summer is half over- and I thought to myself- wait what REALLY? But- it is almost the end of July.

Life has continued on since the drama of the early week. I returned back to work on Thursday- to a butt load of work. Today(Saturday) we're previewing 'Learn English with Rompy!' This class is sort of like a stray dog my friend found- that I'm now being forced to take care of. I didn't really want it to start out with- but now that I have it I look at it with some affection and frustration. Curriculum development is a huge over taking and I signed up originally to help with the development. And all of a sudden the cheese stands alone. I guess I like it better that way. It's mine to do with as I please- almost. But here are one of the things I've been hard at work at. This week we are learning action words! So I've been hand drawing some flash cards of VERBS. Here are a sample of two. I also posed with the flash cards to prove to everybody I am alive and well. And no longer in a hospital!

We're on our way to work- and I'll update more later. Just wanted to drop a short hello!

A big thanks for all the kind words from everybody, btw. It has been nice to feel loved half way around the globe!

3 comments:

  1. I miss seeing your cute face! Super glad you are feeling better! Love you boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta tell you from a speech therapist point of view- verbs are the BEST way to get started! (Also suggest STOP and GO and MORE so that it can also be interactive.) Sounds like you are doing GREAT, and glad to hear your appetite is back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your flashcards!!! You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete