Monday, July 19, 2010

sick-o

Well- todays blog was going to be a triumphant recalling of what I would consider a good day off. But things have taken a terrible turn.

It started out really well. Jill and I went to get pedicures...although it was a little later then we intended. We went to this really cute salon nestled in an ally way that has to be at least 100 years old. It's right over near Lama Temple- which is huge to say the least. I could only see the roofs peaking out from behind a 12 foot wall. What I could see looked amazing.

At the nail salon I just got a pedicure- but they treated us so well there. They served us fresh watermelon and roasted corn on the cob. We were running late for our dinner date- and it really hit the spot. This- I am presuming is where my evening took a turn.

We went out to Papa Johns which is very similar but not exactly the same. I was really excited. But towards the end of the meal I felt.....funny.

I came home and laid down.

Around 2 in the morning it hit. I'm running a low temperature- which I can only assume by the fact that I am wrapped up and feel freezing. I have had to go to the bathroom a lot and on the last trip I threw up. Pepto Bismal does not seem to be helping. And I officially have hit a low point here in Beijing. Nobody seems to be online- and I'm really wanting somebody to talk too. Every time I lay down I start feeling worse. But I'm feeling pretty exhausted. Ugh. To say the least. Luckily tomorrow is another day off- and hopefully whatever I ate (I'm looking at you corn!) that is making me ill will pass. Don't worry too much. I'm drinking lots of BOTTLED water and staying hydrated. But just send me a good thought or two. My tummy needs it.

Love you guys. Love. Love! Love!

1 comment:

  1. poor baby, i'm so sorry to hear you've been brought low by corn especially after your day started off with great expectations. I am sending you well wishes and hope that this is just 24 hour deal and that you will feel better soon. Love and Kisses from Ma

    ReplyDelete