Friday, July 9, 2010

So umm....Rain!

After my last post it began to rain here in Beijing. Which I was actually excited for- it cooled things off considerably. BUT- from up on my 10th story apartment I really didn't grasp what was transpiring on the ground. I don't think Beijing was built with run-off sewers. Jill and I got dressed and went out for dumplings from her favorite restaurant. No big deal- normally. A little rain never hurt anybody, right?

Well- as soon as we stepped outside it was a torrential down pour. And that water has no where to go. In the streets and at the intersections the water was 4-5 inches deep! I lost my flip flop at one point, which resulted in a hilarious scene of me running through the streets of Beijing chasing my shoe as it floats away, Jill chasing after me with an umbrella. And then about to 10 minutes into the walk, the impossible happened, and it started raining harder. And then even harder.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, that last sentence sounded like a real cliff hanger.."and then even harder"..what happened next, did you get your flip flop, did a water taxi come by, did you give up..inquiring minds want to know. Love, Ma.

    ReplyDelete