I have to admit the jet lag is killing me. I am still waking up at 4:30-5:00AM our time. I wake up feeling as if I have been beaten- it's an awful feeling. But- I can't sleep any longer, so I check my mail and my Skype. Although- I'm warning those of you who Skype that 5:30 AM Anna is not very pretty! Because I'm not feeling rested- my days are a little fuzzy. I can especially tell that my memory is really really suffering. People have to repeat stuff and I just now seem to remember my walk to work.
Work has been good. I am in LOVE with all of my co-workers. I have a co-worker here and she is super sweet. She is one of those people who I feel like I have known for a long long time- even though we have just met. Her chinese name is ShuYoung- and her American name is Nana. I may have mentioned her already- but she is just so awesome. She translates for me when we are teaching.
I taught my first class today- Art Explorers 1. Originally 5 kids were going to come- then 0- then 1 - then 2. Those number changes happened with in like 20 minutes. I hate to generalize things- but I have noticed that punctuality isn't really a concern of people. They will tell us 10 kids are coming to class and then none show up. Or 3 show up 20 minutes late. Sometimes we get rushed rushed rushed to get somewhere- and then wait for forever. One of the other RnR employees put it best when they described it as 'hurry up and wait!' When we thought that nobody was coming I had the girls pose with my beautifully prep'ed art room.



No comments:
Post a Comment