So let me try and do this succinctly as possible. This week has been relatively uneventful compared to the last couple weeks. Romp N Roll is having a quiet week compared to our pretty busy week last week. We had a lot of students enroll last week- but this week has just been sluggish.
And I haven't really minded- I've been feeling sluggish myself. The weeks are starting to bleed together and I had to really sit here and think if it was last week that I was so sick- or the week before.
Jill and I stumbled upon the most amazing park on Monday. We got sort of lost- we knew where we were going- but we headed south instead of east. And just kept walking. But it was a fortunate discovery because we found a the public park. It has a huge lake filled with gold fish and little pagodas. There were SO MANY goldfish. One of the pictures is of a family feeding the fish and you can see the FRENZY. It was crazy and beautiful. In the center of the park is an actual factual water park- which looks perfect since we've been having PAINFULLY hot weather. At one point we stumbled upon an old man singing his heart out and I got a great video- and I CAN post it to the site- I just have to get PUFF going on my mac. Which actually- if anybody finds a safe version of PUFF for Mac I would greatly appreciate it. It generates an American IP address and is the way I circumvent the great firewall of China and on to Facebook. But back to the park...
It has little hills and paths to explore. I took a picture of a no spitting sign. Which is one nasty habit that the Beijingers needs to break. The like to hock a loogey like nobody's business. Or is it HACKaloogey? As Jill appropriately put it- it's like they are hacking from the bottom depths of their souls. I may carry that little sign around with me- as a general warning. Not around the American Princess!!!!!
The park was such a little gem!
Now we are just anxiously awaiting the arrival of Jill's boyfriend, Danny. He will be arriving here on Sunday and all of RnR is going out to celebrate his arrival- AND all of the August Birthday's! About 7 employees are born in August- so time to par-tay! The big debate is whether to go to a bar, club, or karaoke bar. I'm not too picky. I just want to go out and have a fun night. It will be on Sunday- after my marathon day of teaching. We are doing our SECOND preview of English class- and we have 7 kids PREVIEWing! Eek! Only 1 member is coming. Geez. Talk about pressure.
When Danny get's here we are also beginning our SUPER touristy whirl-wind tour of China. Great Wall, Summer Palace, Tianamen Square, Food Street, Forbidden City, Birds Nest! Here we come!!!!! We also have a music festival!
OH and finally we have internet at our house! Which is amazing news. So skyping will be much easier. Much. Much. Much easier. So do the cool thing that all the other kids are doing- and SKYPE! DO IT! PEER PRESSURE!
On that note- I'm leaving! Of course with LOVE LOVE LOVE!




oh my gosh! coy are soooo freaky and goldfish -kinda like piranhas. the park looks beautiful. cant wait to see it. you know- the park... not the fish. loveya
ReplyDelete