I'm sitting here in Mechanicsville...and I'm struggling. I have not packed a bit. I am not in bed yet. And even though reality is slowly descending upon me....I feel overwhelmed with the prospect of once again leaving the country.
This trip home has been too much of a reminder of how life was a year ago. And how much I miss. I miss my friends. I miss the fan. I miss my family. I miss the food. I miss my boyfriend.
That (I hope) does not lead people to believe I am unhappy in China. But....in the words of another traveler: "There's no place like home."
But....tonight will slip into tomorrow. And tomorrow into Wednesday. And I will be back on a jet plane- bound for new adventures. I just. I want to savor tonight a little more.
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment