Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lost & Found

Last week was filled with ups and downs. And lost and founds.

The first LOSS began early in the week. While I was watching rags out in the sink I decided to take off my Diamonque ring my mom had bought me for Christmas. It's a little flower design made of little marquis fake diamonds. I love it. I really truly do. I took it off and placed it on the counter- and then quickly lost my train of thought when it came to my ring. I dried the rags. Hung them to dry (Very quaint, right?) And then went on my way. Home. Only after leaving the building did I remember that I had taken my ring off. No worries- I had been there when they locked up. And I trust everybody in my office- so I knew I could just grab it the next day.
Cut to the next morning: there is NO RING on the sink. I was devastated and heart broken. I started questioning EVERYBODY in sight. Had they seen a small flower ring- somebody must of at least SEEN IT. Nope. Nobody. But- to show the kindness of my coworkers, my distress launched a full out search. We started searching the entire Romp n' Roll- from top to bottom. It was pretty hopeless. Feeling like I had seen my ring for the last time I went ahead and looked it up online. I checked the website and found where my Mom had bought it. I was reading along- and guess where it was made? You guessed it: CHINA! I was feeling better- maybe getting a replacement wouldn't be that hard after all! Then the cleaning lady (aka Big Sister) remembered during the morning scrub down she had heard a faint metal tinkling while cleaning the sink. She started searching high and low. And WEDGED underneath our clothes washer was my ring. I had never been so happy in my life.


Later on that week Jill and I had our Chinese tutoring. My glasses are for distance- so whenever I sit down for a lesson or dinner, I tuck them off to the side. We had a pleasant review of our Chinese text book. But after working a 10 hour day- I was pooped! I gathered all my things, payed my bill, and went on my way. Now this week was especially cold. I had on a sweater, my jacket, gloves, circle scarf, hat, and had bundled myself so that all but my eyes were covered. Jill and I went on our way home. Laughing and joking, half-way home, all of a sudden, I remembered that I DIDN'T remember putting my glasses on OR putting them back in the case. I looked at Jill and cursed and explained about my glasses predicament. She looked me dead in the eyes, shoved her bags at me and told me to meet her at the Q-mart. And then my track-running roommate sprinted back to the restaurant. I walked to the Q-mart and buried my face deeper in my scarf and sighed. That long sigh caused my glasses to fog up.
Yup- thats right. Not only had I convinced MYSELF that my glasses weren't on my face- Jill had believed it. Pretty neat trick, eh?

I'm including a picture of one of my favorite students, Puppy. Just for general cuteness reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment