Sunday, January 23, 2011

Anger is not very becoming on anyone.

I swear. Somedays you can't get a break.
And today is one of those days.

My boss has contacted me asking me if I would agree to letting an incoming employee and her friend "take over your apartment from early Feburary. Then you and Jill move to another short-term two-bdrm apt for a month with no more paycheck deduction of 1000. Then from March you and Jill will go to Wuhan in turn. And either of you just need a one-bdrm apt to live."

I'm shocked. And so angry. This is a company that I have bent over backwards to help. I have gone above and beyond my contract on a regular basis and this is how I'm repaid. AND- if finding another similar apartment is so easy- STICK THE NEW GIRL in it. The reason I'm so upset is that housing like ours is NOT easy to come by. There are not a lot of beautiful apartments easily available in walking distance. Ugh. I'm so mad. I'm annoyed!

Even worse when I said that I wasn't happy about giving up my apartment so that I can "save the company" a few bucks and move 3 (!) times in the next four months his response was, "I don't understand why moving to a similar apartment is difficult for you."

In this moment- I just want to say give him the ol' F U and book a flight home. It is so hard when a hardworking employee is so completely undervalued. 

Today there is no love.



1 comment: