

Well, here's the post we have all been waiting for! I am back in the USA!
Phew! IT was actually pretty painless traveling. I managed to sleep on the flight from Beijing to Chicago and I got to catch up on The Office, Glee, Simpsons, and even CSI. I also watched Harry Potter 6....and the guy next to me must've though I was crazy because I always choke up when Dumbledore goes down.
Getting through customs was surprisingly easy. I have not flown in to the country in a few years, and now the government makes you watch a video about going through customs. And...it scares the poop out of you. It really really really really really does. Ever other sentence is, "if you lie, then you will be severely fined and punished." I have to say- I'm from the family of I only claim $100 dollars just so I can get through customs ASAP....and all of a sudden I felt like the USA government was about to give me the shake down. Put me in a room by myself with the single, hanging lightbulb. I would crack so easy: I confess! I have Chinese Candy!
But I made is through. Had to go back through security, which is always a joy. And I would like to announce....that I got the full body scan....and have lived to tell the tale. I felt bad for the girl next to be in line, who couldn't stand up because of the cast on her leg. She couldn't do the scan and had to get the pat down. AND they had to pat down her cast! Poor thing!
I promptly got a bagel with cream cheese once I was in the terminal. Oh man was it good! Had to wait around for a few hours....killed time calling people on my CELL PHONE! Finally got on the little tiny jet to DC and landed at 11:50! 5 minutes early!
I finally met Ainsley- the most beautiful little girl in the WHOLE world. She's so tiny and snuggly. Eamon is of course huge. I've included a picture of him impersonating Michael Jackson.
We ate Mexican food. I took a power nap. We mostly decorate the Christmas tree. And hung out with the fam. For dinner we did Mama Lucia's Pizza. Which was just about the best thing ever, ever.
ALSO- My reintroduction to faceybook has felt so good. I really am having to tell myself not to post every 5 minutes...
But I love you all! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Happy Holidays!
PS- I hope you like the picture of Emma playing jianzi. I know that dog was Chinese.
No comments:
Post a Comment