Hurray for me!
It has been a good day. :) Jill and Danny put their heads together and surprised me with an ice cream cake from DQ! It was awesome!!! :) :) :) The funny part was- we went out to eat for lunch. After we are done we usually get ice cream- and today I was very loud about wanting to get myself birthday ice cream. But nobody wanted to join me for ice cream. Everybody was like 'oh no- I couldn't- I'm so full.' As we were getting up to leave I declared again that I was going to get ice cream. Danny looked at me and said "There's no time for ice cream." And- being a smart ass- I looked right back at him and said "Well- I'll leave and get it right now." So I ran off ahead of everybody and got my ice cream. So- happily with my ice cream- I walked back to the office to be surprised with a giant ice cream cake. My stubborness is not always a blessing.
I was gifted a ceramic birdy-water-whistle, pajama's, a key chain, and a purse. :) I also have been informed that I have 4 (!) care packages on the way- and I'm SO excited.
I know many of you were most likely worried that I would not get my Indian food fix. No worries- a mere 3 subway stops away is The Ganges. Delicious.
So- it has been a good day. Happily. I miss all of you so much, and wish you could be here to celebrate. But do know that I feel all of the love sent my way and I'm sending it right back :)
Dear Anna,
ReplyDeleteI am very sad that we can not be together on you special day...I miss you sooo much but it sounds like your being well taken care off. I baked a cake last night in your honor and I am going to share it with my co-workers. Who would have ever dreamed that you would be celebrating your 24th bd in China. Much Love and Kisses and Hugs and Happy BirthDay!!! Mom