Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday

Alright. So a few things to catch you up on personally.


I have a summer cold. Ugh- I haven't had a summer cold in a years. I really just have a stuffy nose- but it stinks. I would like to continue my running regimen but I can't breath through my nose.


Monday was my big interview. My big interview consisted of me walking up to the government official- smiling- and they stamped all of my stuff.

Then my friend Michelle who had accompanied took me to the Lama Temple. The Lama Temple is a HUGE buddhist complex- with many halls each filled with more and more amazing Buddha's. People burn incense and ask for things and pray. I asked Michelle about the whole 'Tibeten' mess. And she just matter-of-factly told me that Tibet belongs to China. Open and shut case. Haha.  


The best part of the temple is the 60 foot tall wooden carving of buddha- it's breath taking. 


Then we went to Indian food for lunch- sort of like a warm up for Friday (aka my birthday.) 


Then we went to the Max Star Music Festival. It was a long day of good old fashioned pop music spectacular. It was held in a BEAUTIFUL ancient park- beautiful. :) A lot of Chinese pop stars are in-fact Korean's who come to the bigger market to make the big bucks. The most popular group was Hit-5. But much to my cruel delight- every time anybody said their name it went from 2 syllables into 4 syllables. Hit-tuh Five-vuh.


Yesterday, we did not do much of anything. We just hung around the apartment. Jill and I successfully payed all of our bills despite not speaking any Chinese, got more water for our water colors, and finally, got another key card for our building. There was much rejoicing in Apt #1032. We went to Bar Street to try a pizza place/ Belgium beer garden. DELICIOUS. Danny and Jill decided to go to a club- so I caught a cab ALL BY MYSELF and made it home ALL BY MYSELF.  I didn't even use the piece of paper with our address written on it- I just told them our Subway stop and directed him. I -again- did a little dance of pride. :)


Today at work I am the only one in our department here. Yup. Nobody else here really speaks English. Result- I'm not doing any work. I went out and got my NEW favorite dish called Dien Dien Mein. It's a SPICY noodle soup with cilantro. YUM.


Fun stuff too- the police called here today looking for me. Oh yah- big Chinese trouble maker. Apparently they are fact checking me for my work permit....so I would like to take this time to remind everybody how much I LOVE CHINA. And have I mentioned....how much I love the Chinese Government. They are awesome! haha :) And the Chinese Police are some of the finest officers in the ENTIRE world. 


There also have been a few firings/quitings/changes here at Romp N Roll. None of our main players have left- but Scary Mary has left. So- actually I feel like everybody is pretty happy. Also- a sweet sales girl also left- which was sad. We took pictures and gave hugs.


I'm including a few pictures as always.


-One is from the files of Jill and Danny- where they got Thai Chicken. And ate all of the chicken. For real. 


-Then we have the main 'crew' from the music festival: Jill, Cici, Nana & Me!


-Incense prayers to Buddha.


-Festival Stage.

1 comment:

  1. Ewww is that a beak??? Thought about you and Emily Cayton yesterday.Took Carson to see Eat Pray Love---Italy and India--both beautiful! Bali wasn't bad either-nor was Phillipe she met there!It was definately a chick flic but what can I say--I'm a sap.
    Trying to contact Joeseph for Kinetic Imaging info for my student Taylor Lacey who is transfering from MICA to VCU!
    Keep on blogging girl-I'm loving it! And you!

    ReplyDelete