Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wuhun

Here I am sitting in the Wuhan airport. Flight delayed an hour---battery painfully low on my mac. But it's OK. Because I'm tired. I got up early to pack- packing at the last minute is one sign that I don't want to go.
Wuhan finally was perfect. I had found my way around. I had built myself my little niche. And then Jill came down. It seemed so wrong to be leaving.

Candy and Queenie surprised me with gifts of chocolate. Which made me officially have to carry three bags on (Take that TSA!). I'm actually wearing two sweatshirts and my bag weighed in at 66 pounds. I didn't even buy anything here in Wuhan- they just kept giving me gifts.

We cried. We cried like babies. I got a little teary eyed- and then Candy lost is. Lips quivering, snot dripping. All of us. It's amazing some where that I loathed so much- seems to have stolen my heart. Romp n' Roll Wuhan was a bit like my baby too- I was there from the beginning- I wish I could stick around a little longer to see how successful it is going to be.

I am looking forward to Beijing- but it is with a heavy heart that I leave my Wuhan family. Hopefully, one day, I will be back here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment