SO! (Damn you Seamus Heaney!) Our grand opening happened last Saturday! It went really really really really really really really well. I am so proud of the staff here who put together an amazing grand opening. And we were especially thrilled because BIG BOSS and BIG BIG BOSS came to visit us. So big ups to Michael and Luyin for journeying down to Wuhan. It was really nice to have them here- and I think it made all of the parents really really happy to meet them.
The Grand Opening ceremony invited all over out members and a bunch of potential members. We had "professional" dancers perform for our members, lovely speeches from all the bosses, a dance from the Instructors, lots of fun activities, media out the wazoo, and a lottery for some prizes. Everybody left satisfied and we even made the Sunday night news!! :) We also had the highest enrollment rate ever for a Romp n Roll in China...so yay!
While Michael was here were treated to some delicious meals: including HOT POT, family style, & Thai food. We also took a trip to Food Street (which I have included a picture.) I love street vendors- and its fun to explore all the different types of food. Also- a lot of the yummy food is prepared in front of you which is a lot of fun. Michael and I were brave enough to try some "stinky stinky yummy yummy" which is a type of tofu that smells SO BAD it is illegal to cook it on the street in parts of Beijing (imagine like dirty feet soaked in vinegar). Well- Michael was more brave- I required A LOT of prodding. It was not that bad.
Jill arrived Monday night and what a JOYFUL reunion that was. I have missed my G-LOVE SO MUCH! We spent much of today galavanting around Wuhan. I finally got to go to Golden Crane Tower (Huang He Lo) which is super pretty. Jill and I are so pasty white that we got sunburned even though it rained all day. That's when you know you are in need of some Vitamin D. You get great views from the tower of Wuhan and I included one picture that shows one of the most prized bridges in Wuhan. it was built by the Soviets- and connects Wuchan with Hankou.
In about 18 hours I will fly out of Wuhan- and I'm doing so with mixed feelings. My main dislike of Wuhan has been the loneliness- but now that my partner in crime is here... I want to stay. This city has a lot to offer. It's got a really cool vibe. It's very laid back. And it's very Chinese. I am excited to go back to Beijing! And my Mom & Dad are going to be here in 4 days 21 hours!







No comments:
Post a Comment