Never! I just ran out of time to type it. So. Let me begin at the appropriate place: the beginning. I've always found in the most logical and easiest place to begin. Unless I'm of course writing a movie like Young Adam...and then you never know quite where to begin.
Almost 3 weeks ago I arrived back in Beijing. And....it was amazing. It's really impressive how you can have a relationship with a place. I arrived back in Beijing in the evening. It was warm....about 30 degrees warmer then when I had left. I threw on flip flops and a light sweater and headed out the door. I B-lined it for Subway...my craving for sandwiches having reached a fever pitch, I hurried over. And I felt so happy. Everything was familar and cozy. Everything made me excited: my red velvet couch, extra mayo with out asking for it, walking to 7/11. Even though I again was alone, separated from Jill, I felt as if I had returned to an old friend. It really was like reuniting with somebody after a long time, their flaws not so noticeable, or maybe I reveled in the small flaws. I didn't notice the trash or the crazy hub bub. It was just the way it was suppose to be.
Thus began a feverish 3 weeks. Immediately went into work mode- back to the grind. I was getting away with teaching 4 classes a day in Wuhan- two in the morning, two at night, and only on two days a week. Reality check came in back at Beijing- how much work lay ahead of me. But- the following weeks each deserve their own blog. So. For those of you who wonder: I am fine. I am alive. And yes- we're down to two months. I'll fill in the blanks as soon as I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment