I keep on writing them in my head on the way to and from work. But-
nothing has come to fruition.
I guess one notable thing is my weight. Geez is it hard to gain weight
in China. Actually here in Wuhan it's especially hard. I was told
prior to coming down here that their portion sizes are smaller down
here. That's not really saying much because Beijing serves everything
in Cheesecake Factory sized portions.
And it's true. But their portion sizes aren't small, they're reasonable.
Every day I eat a yogurt. I pay a small restaurant to make me
vegetarian lunch every day. And it turns out a vegetarian lunch means
rice and veggies. Dinner is my only grab bag. If I eat at home I'm
limited to: 'Ramen' Noodles, PB & J. I can order food in CHINESE at a
hot dry noodle stall, a rice dish stall, & a fried dumpling place. So-
you can tell variety isn't really in the menu.
This diet has caused me to just shed weight. So much so that I'm
purposely supplementing my diet with all the yummy stuff I never use
to eat because it wasn't WW friendly. My main unhealthy delights:
Magnum Bars (Cake batter ice cream dipped in chocolate), Ice-cream
flavored Oreos and haw fruit leathers. I've even been drinking the
occasional ::gasp:: COKE. It's just so weird to not feel like I'm
fighting my weight so much.
It's the first time in a long time when I feel like I'm eating exactly
what I want with OUT feeling guilty. Don't get me wrong, Weight
Watchers is the BEST eating plan out there. It really fully educates
you: but with most things the more you know the worst you feel. And
once I did the math about some of my FAVORITE things (California Pizza
Kitchens FROZEN Individual Pizza: 30 POINTS!) you start to feel guilty
when induldging.
But here I don't worry I just eat. And who woulda thunk….a rice and
veggie diet keeps you slim. Haha ☺
No comments:
Post a Comment