Sunday, September 26, 2010

Good Eats #3

We'll start out with my meal from 7/11. You get a huge heaping of rice and then pick what goes on top. My two favorites are eggplant and green peppers in what i'll call 'thick brown sauce.' Then my other TRUE favorite is Chinese Hash browns. These potatoes are sliced super thin- then cooked in some flavorings and vinegar with HOT peppers. SO GOOD. That day I got aloe/grape juice (with REAL chunks of aloe!) and a pastry with choco-chips in it.  I really don't 'need' the pastry- but I mean. C'mon. This cost me about 15 yuan (just over $2USD.)


Meal two is from the our favorite FAT NOODLE restaurant. It's called Su Chao Bing or roughly translated  pancake stir fry. Again-  they call it "pancake" but its more like a flatbread or griddle cake. It's not sweet at all. They shred the pancake up and stirfry it with veggies and egg, sometimes with meat. It's a little on the salty side. But the texture of the pancake is amazing- especially when lightly fried. The serving sizes are huge and Jill and I usually split my Qing Tian Mian with her Su Chao Bing. It's a great trade. We are officially an old married couple.


1 comment:

  1. somehow taking pictures of the food at american 7-11s.... not quite as appetizing....

    ReplyDelete